Monday, December 3, 2012

POP! of color shelf ideas

A great way to spruce up a room and add that "pop of color" is to paint the backing of a bookshelf. It doesn't take much paint, it's a quick and easy project (depending, of course, on how much stuff you have on those shelves to begin with), and it will create instant visual interest. Having that gorgeous color there will also give you incentive to thin out the possessions you keep on these shelves, as you'll want to show off as much of that color as possible!
I didn't have to go far to find some great examples of this idea. I even found some designs that made me think of all of the possibilities once you add wallpaper to the mix. Oh... the endless ways this technique can be used!
This display shines with a pretty lavender in the background. Just look at how the background shines a light on those golden frames! Talk about making an impact full display!

This green really pops while at the same time sets a very calming and warm feel for kitchen shelving. These kitchen basics really shine here and get the attention they would never get behind closed cabinet doors. The framed chalkboard above is the perfect addition to this display of kitchen goodness!
 

This one really got me thinking... you could do a stencil design with paint, or you could use wallpaper! There is literally a wallpaper design out there for every style and budget. I know this, because I have spent a good deal of my time in the Economy Paint stores flipping through wallpaper books and photographing these amazing wall coverings. I honestly had no idea there would be so many to love!

Here is a great example of open cabinetry in a kitchen made fabulous. This lovely light color gives the space a sweet little pop of color without taking away the neutrality of the color scheme. Brilliant!

Last, and certainly not least, think of the flea market finds and hand me downs that can be inexpensively transformed with this technique! I found this piece at Rearranged Design. She used Benjamin Moore's Burnt Caramel and it looks amazing!

I hope these ideas will spark some ideas for you and your house/furniture. I know I have some plans for my wall of bookshelves. I'm thinking turquoise... or red...or green... I'm thinking I need more shelving, STAT!
Please comment and share any projects like this that you have done! We'd love to see your "pop of color" and share it with the rest of the idea hungry paint enthusiasts out there! (you can email photos to kerryk@economypaintsupply.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are excited to know what you think!